The grain and milling industry uses chemical fumigation to kill insects, eggs and larvae in its plants. Methyl Bromide is typically used for infestation control, but it will soon be banned by environmental agencies. The alternative chemical, Prophium Sulphonla is more expensive and is still unsafe. Many millers are producing organic products in which chemical infestation control cannot be used.
Mechanically destroying infestation is a safer and more affordable solution to fumigation. Sturtevant’s Infestroyer pin mill mechanically destroys 100% infestation (larvae and adult) with minimum fragmentation. The Infestroyer impacts dry food ingredients just hard enough to fully destroy insects, larvae and eggs, but it will not over grind the flour or other dry food ingredient. This process results in a higher, safer quality product.
The Infestroyer has successfully destroyed infestation in many dry food ingredients including:
- Wheat and Corn Flour
- Bakery Mixes
- Corn Meal
Sturtevant’s Solution: Infestroyer
- Guaranteed 100% kill of infestation
- Eliminate chemical fumigants: average ROI of 9 months
- Easy set up and operation: adjust process while operating
- Gravity or blow through processes without space consuming auxiliary equipment
- SQF Safe Quality Food Certification