Consistent Color Uniformity of Pigments
Key characteristics of pigments include color, particle size, refractive index and the delivery form. Dispersion and deagglomeration are important aspects of milling pigments. Processing to fine particle sizes, with uniform surface area for consistent color uniformity are also vital aspects of processing pigments.
The Steam Micronizer by Sturtevant is a steam or hot air powered machine, ideally suited for inorganic pigment powders like Titanium Dioxide (TiO2), with no moving parts, used to either reduce particle size or deagglomerate at rates up to 4 tons per hour.
The Steam Micronizer has successfully processed many pigment powders including:
- Carbon black
- Iron oxide
- Epoxy powder coatings
- Organic and inorganic pigment and ink powders
Sturtevant’s Solution: Steam Micronizer
The benefits of using the Steam Micronizer by Sturtevant for processing pigments include:
- Mills pigments in a continuous process – no more batches
- Greater coverage
- Increased gloss and opacity
- Consistent color uniformity
- No oversize grit
- Increased surface area
- Tighter PSD
- Uniform size, spherical shape
- Better control properties of powders (suspension, dispersion & absorption)
- Complete access to the internal grinding chamber for easy cleaning
- No heat build up
The following Sturtevant product successfully mills pigment powders:
Sturtevant has been processing materials in crushing, grinding, blending and air classifying equipment since 1883. If you would like to receive assistance with your pigment processing application, please contact us.